- How is the Fairtrade premium spent? How do we know the money is being used properly?
- Why are sports balls not delivered inflated?
- How long will it take for a sports ball to reach me after ordering?
- What is the difference between our footballs and the major brands?
- What is the difference between footballs offered by Fair Deal Trading and cheap footballs?
- What are the quality criteria for Footballs?
- My Sports ball is losing air - is this normal?
- What are balls made of?
- Who monitors that the fair trade criteria are complied with?
What is the difference between our footballs and the major brands?
There is absolutely no difference in quality standards between our Fairtrade certified footballs and those offered by the major brands.
Even in specialist sports shops there are low and high quality (branded) products on offer. The problem is that the brands tend to spend more money on promoting and protecting their image rather then investing in social standards. Fair Deal Trading balls may be a little more expensive than the major brands but this is because we pay a Fairtrade premium on every ball. We think that paying Fair Trade wages is more important than spending millions on self promotion.